- FIELD DAY IS COMING! (Monday, June 20th) We are in need of volunteers to who can help us out, either by donating time or supplies! Please check out the Sign Up Genius form for more info. And remember, all volunteers MUST have a current WRSD CORI.
- Congratulations to the newly elected Naquag PTO Board Members for the 2016-2017 school year!
- President: Jessica Gregorczyk
- Vice President: Deidre Morgan
- Secretary: Kate Annunziata
- Treasurers: Diana Barton and Shawnee Hollis
- Volunteer Coordinators: Rebecca Pratt and Christine Jean
You can view the current Naquag School Newsletter HERE
Meet Wiser, our school mascot.
What are the origins of Wiser’s name? On December 22, 1686, a group of five Native Americans purchased a large parcel of land called Naquag. “Naquag” was a general name for the territory now comprising Rutland, Oakham, Hubbardston, Barre and parts of Princeton and Paxton. Possibly the same as Naiyag, meaning “an angle or corner,” and used by the Native Americans as a boundary. (Naig, ‘ point corner. ‘) One of the Native Americans who purchased the land was James Wiser, also known as Qualapunit.
285 Main St.
Rutland, MA 01543