- THE BOOK FAIR IS COMING! (May 31st-June 3rd) We are in need of volunteers to sign up for shifts throughout the week. Please note that you MUST have a valid WRSD CORI to help out, and that you MUST sign up on the list to be allowed to volunteer for this event. If you are interested in shopping at the book fair on your own, it will be open during Curriculum Night on June 2nd.
- Congratulations to the newly elected Naquag PTO Board Members for the 2016-2017 school year!
- President: Jessica Gregorczyk
- Vice President: Deidre Morgan
- Secretary: Kate Annunziata
- Treasurer: Diana Barton
- Volunteer Coordinators: Rebecca Pratt and Christine Jean
You can view the current Naquag School Newsletter HERE
Meet Wiser, our school mascot.
What are the origins of Wiser’s name? On December 22, 1686, a group of five Native Americans purchased a large parcel of land called Naquag. “Naquag” was a general name for the territory now comprising Rutland, Oakham, Hubbardston, Barre and parts of Princeton and Paxton. Possibly the same as Naiyag, meaning “an angle or corner,” and used by the Native Americans as a boundary. (Naig, ‘ point corner. ‘) One of the Native Americans who purchased the land was James Wiser, also known as Qualapunit.
285 Main St.
Rutland, MA 01543