All parents are welcome and encouraged to join us at our open meetings. Meetings (generally) take place on the second Thursday of the month, at 6:30 pm, in the Naquag school library. Childcare is provided. You do not need to pay, sign up, etc., to be a member of the Naquag PTO, all you need is a child that attends our school!
- Thursday, February 8th -We heard from Superintendent Darryll McCall about the importance of showing up to our town meeting to vote on the school budget. Town meeting will be held on Saturday, May 12th. Check out the town’s website as that date approaches for more information about the meeting and the meeting warrant. –> http://www.townofrutland.org/Pages/index
We had the opportunity last night to vote to spend over $3,000 onenrichment programs and supplies for our students!
-Chromebooks (Bingo profit) $860
-Brain Pop Jr. $1,450
-Social Emotional Leadership (SEL) $700
We also discussed plans for the Naquag Basket Raffle, coming up April 6th. In addition to raffling off baskets collected by the classrooms, we will be raffling off several amazing prizes, donated by local business, including Val’s Restaurant, Ultimate Obstacles, New England Aquarium, Worcester Bravehearts, Ladd’s Restaurant Rutland, Pawtucket Red Sox, EcoTarium, and more! We will also have games, crafts, cake walk, and snacks for sale. If you are interested in helping plan this event, be sure to join us at our March PTO Meeting!
Lastly, be sure to get your Spirit Wear t-shirt orders in by Monday! If you haven’t received your order form, or if you have misplaced it, you can find it on our website. –> http://www.naquagpto.com/spirit-wear/
As always, we thank you for your support of the Naquag PTO!
- Wednesday, March 7th (Incoming K parents are invited to join us!) – Basket Raffle planning, presentations from K (Discovery Museum – Sound) and grade 1 (Ecotarium – Animal Adaptations) teachers, Marsh-Harding Scholarship
- Thursday, April 12th (Incoming K parents are invited to join us!) – Basket Raffle recap, teacher appreciation week, book fair, Marsh-Harding Scholarship
- Thursday, May 10th (Incoming K parents are invited to join us!) - book fair, field day, June assemblies, board elections for 18-19
- Thursday, June 14th (Incoming K parents are invited to join us!) - field day planning
- Community Reading Day – 3/2
- Basket Raffle – Friday, 4/6 at 6:30
- Teacher Appreciation Week May 7th – May 11th
- Book Fair – 5/29 – 5/31
Big Y is currently running the Education Express program!
Click the link below to add Naquag as your school of choice, and earn points for your school, just by shopping at Big Y!
Check out our facebook page for information on meetings and events!
Head to Amazon Smile and add Naquag PTO Inc as your charity of choice. Every time you shop on Amazon Smile, Naquag will earn a percentage of the money you spend!
Add yourself to our Sign Up Genius email list to be notified when we need volunteers, supplies, baked goods, and more! There is no commitment when you sign up!
Meet Wiser, our school mascot.
What are the origins of Wiser’s name? On December 22, 1686, a group of five Native Americans purchased a large parcel of land called Naquag. “Naquag” was a general name for the territory now comprising Rutland, Oakham, Hubbardston, Barre and parts of Princeton and Paxton. Possibly the same as Naiyag, meaning “an angle or corner,” and used by the Native Americans as a boundary. (Naig, ‘ point corner. ‘) One of the Native Americans who purchased the land was James Wiser, also known as Qualapunit.
285 Main St.
Rutland, MA 01543